Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend!

Wow! What an amazing weekend... busy, busy, busy:)

Friday
Friday is sushi night for Adam and me. It’s a little tradition we’ve started since they have great happy hour prices. We headed down to Zip Fusion and most of the time we’ll have friends join us, but not this time… It was date night. Then, we usually catch a flick, but Adam surprised me with Angel tickets! How cute is he!! Rachel had extra tickets and she gave them to Adam… Thanks Rachel! The Angels won, and it was the kick-off to a fun weekend.
Saturday
5:30 AM- Alarm goes off, we jumped out of bed, no snooze this time, and we headed out the door with our signs. As we are taping up signs, people are stopping and asking us where the garage sale is located… let me remind you- this is my first garage sale ever! I’m thinking to myself, “Why are these people looking for garage sales so early in the morning?” What’s funny about this situation, Adam is giving them directions to our house, yet our garage sale isn’t even set-up.
8:30AM -To be honest, we really didn’t have much to sale other than clothes, shoes, and a few monitors and keyboards. No one is showing up anymore, actually people are showing up, but they’re not getting out of their cars, they’re just driving by reallllllllly slow. We ended up selling a computer my dad repaired for $40 which was pretty cool, but other than that business was not looking good. That’s when I looked at Adam and said, “Should we wrap it up?” we laughed at our situation and we started cleaning up. Final profit = 100buckaroos, and 40 of that belonged to my dad. So we made $60 bucks. Wait a minute… subtract the $12 for the posters and markers. Grand total = $48. Not the best garage sale, but we had good time.

Later that afternoon, I went to Kelly’s baby shower. I can't believe she is going to be a mommy! And an awesome mom that is. She was definitely glowing and looked stunning in her cute, white dress. Kelly's family and friends did a beautiful job decorating and planning her shower. Here are a few pictures.
























That evening Align Leftmy family and I went to my cousin’s graduation party. He graduated from LMU with a bachelors of science in civil engineering. I’m so proud! We had a good time with my parents, along with Walter and Maria. You should see my mama dance! She’s such a fun and outgoing person.
My parents looked amazing that night, like always!

Sunday
Happy Mother’s Day!
The day started off with a little bit of church and then the Angel game. Right before the game, Brad planned a breakfast for Aunt Barb, but unfortunately we missed the pancakes and eggs. It was such a fun and exciting game. Good times!





























































































No comments:

Post a Comment